The metric line from Ag. Anargyroi to Peloponnese

A general forum about railways for all non - Greek friends. In this place you can use only English language.
Άβαταρ μέλους
sv1xv
Μηχανοστασιάρχης
Μηχανοστασιάρχης
Άρθρα: 0
Επικοινωνία:

10 Νοέμ 2009, 14:13

This is at Kineta: the metre gauge line joins the new line and it becomes dual gauge until Kakia Skala.
:evil: The Internet is the best place to make new enemies.
Άβαταρ μέλους
Outsider
Συνοδός
Συνοδός

25 Νοέμ 2009, 15:03

Switched the discussion from 'Timetable' to this topic!

[quote=""ALCoGMNάνι":k9m9qmc3"]Many changes are obligated for ose network,but we are all remain calm and wait to see them :mrgreen:
Dear Outsider this photo is a gift for you :occasion: ,very rare to find clear from graffiti trains.... :rant:
You can see the station man dancing :mrgreen: :mrgreen: Egion,metric line..SPAP RAILWAYS

Εικόνα[/quote]

Thanks ALCoGMNάνι!

I was also lucky to find a graffiti-free (well, at least on the other side :wink: ) GTW 2/6, a gift to you :-D (you might have seen it already in the Chat-window)

Εικόνα

The same unit in Kyparissia a bit earlier:

Εικόνα

Btw, I think Egio port is one of the finest places along the Peloponnese railways :-D
Άβαταρ μέλους
ALCoGMNάνι
Σταθμάρχης
Σταθμάρχης

25 Νοέμ 2009, 18:04

Thank you so much :occasion: :occasion:
Enjoy metric line services[with so many trains running during a day :crazyeyes: :bash: ]
Ένα τσιγάρο σου χει μείνει να καπνίσεις,δεν έχει αλλού,δεν έχει αλλιώς ΜΟΝΟ ΕΔΩ...
Άβαταρ μέλους
Outsider
Συνοδός
Συνοδός

04 Δεκ 2009, 12:21

[quote=""ALCoGMNάνι":3koai2r5"] Enjoy metric line services[with so many trains running during a day :crazyeyes: :bash: ][/quote]
Well, still missing the good old days...

Εικόνα
PanosN
Προϊστάμενος
Προϊστάμενος

04 Δεκ 2009, 13:45

THE MAXIMUN PERMITTED IMAGE SIZE IS 800 x 600 :wink:
ante geiaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa....................
Άβαταρ μέλους
Outsider
Συνοδός
Συνοδός

04 Δεκ 2009, 14:41

[quote=""PanosN":qruictae"]THE MAXIMUN PERMITTED IMAGE SIZE IS 800 x 600 :wink: [/quote]
OK, replaced the images with ones of 'legal size', just wondering why the size limit isn't mentioned in "Forum Terms of use – Rules and conditions" :-? . There are only size limits for avatar and signature images! :roll:
Levente
Φύλακας Ι.Δ.
Φύλακας Ι.Δ.

09 Φεβ 2010, 22:52

Hello!

I'm just planning my summer trip to Greece and I'm looking the maps and timetables. Is it raight that tehere is no traffic between:
Tripoli-Zevgolatio,
Kavasillas-Kyllini/Loutra,
and brach line to Megalopoli?

On my map there are several stations (e.g. Andravída and Gastoúni) where are quite big cities but no train stos there, as I see....can anyone give me answers? Thnaks a lot!

Levente from Hungary
Άβαταρ μέλους
ALCoGMNάνι
Σταθμάρχης
Σταθμάρχης

09 Φεβ 2010, 23:03

[quote=""Levente":zpfrzl2j"]Hello!

I'm just planning my summer trip to Greece and I'm looking the maps and timetables. Is it raight that tehere is no traffic between:
Tripoli-Zevgolatio,
[/quote]
The line between Tripolis-Zeygolatio is still reconstacting
The lane Kavasila-Kyllini is closed since 1995,and to Loutra since 1967
and Lefktron-Megalopolis is closed for trains since 1979[it was running by buses ordered by OSE until 1990]
@Οutsider
Τhe timetable from RS Kiparissia from 1/8 is that

From Zeygolation-Kalamata
To Zeygolation-Kalamata
:bash: :bash: :bash: :bash: :bash: :bash: :bash: :bash:
Ένα τσιγάρο σου χει μείνει να καπνίσεις,δεν έχει αλλού,δεν έχει αλλιώς ΜΟΝΟ ΕΔΩ...
Άβαταρ μέλους
Outsider
Συνοδός
Συνοδός

10 Φεβ 2010, 11:20

[quote=""ALCoGMNάνι":15fzqmq8"]
@Οutsider

To Zeygolation-Kalamata
[/quote]
Are you saying 1352 leaves RS Kiparissia 11 minutes earlier than is given in the TrainOSE on-line timetable, otherwise the schedule of 1351/1352 looks the same, right?

But why are you telling this, are the busses from/to Tripolis stopping at RS Zeygolation or why is this relevant? Anyway, that would be a nice because then it would be possible get directly from Zeygolation to Kalo Nero without going to Kalamata! :-D :mrgreen:
Άβαταρ μέλους
Outsider
Συνοδός
Συνοδός

10 Φεβ 2010, 11:36

[quote=""ALCoGMNάνι":18md07ob"][quote=""Levente":18md07ob"]Hello!

Tripoli-Zevgolatio,
[/quote]
The line between Tripolis-Zeygolatio is still reconstacting
The lane Kavasila-Kyllini is closed since 1995,and to Loutra since 1967
and Lefktron-Megalopolis is closed for trains since 1979[it was running by buses ordered by OSE until 1990]

[/quote]
Levente, please, also note that there are no trains between Kiato - Patras (or is it now Kiato - Diakofto?), only replacement buses. :-(

[quote=""Levente":18md07ob"]
On my map there are several stations (e.g. Andravída and Gastoúni) where are quite big cities but no train stos there, as I see....[/quote]
I think there are not at the moment timetables that give all the stations and halts where the train stops; there used to be such a timetable on the OSE main website but isn't any more. Andravída is a railway halt; the 'ordinary' trains (the ones with 4-digit train numbers) should stop also there. Gastoúni is a railway station, even IC trains might stop there but I'm not sure.

In fact, last spring e.g. IC20 made a stop at Andravída, Gastoúni and Kavassila! Now the running time is a bit faster, some stops might have been excluded. Anyway, Peloponnese IC trains make, or at least used to make, surprisingly frequent stops, typically serving all municipal centers.

Εικόνα

A shot of Andravída station taken from Intercity 20 when it's speeding up for the 3500 m journey to Kavassila :-D
Άβαταρ μέλους
ALCoGMNάνι
Σταθμάρχης
Σταθμάρχης

10 Φεβ 2010, 15:01

[quote=""Outsider":dktx7qsw"][quote=""ALCoGMNάνι":dktx7qsw"]
@Οutsider

To Zeygolation-Kalamata
[/quote]
Are you saying 1352 leaves RS Kiparissia 11 minutes earlier than is given in the TrainOSE on-line timetable, otherwise the schedule of 1351/1352 looks the same, right?

But why are you telling this, are the busses from/to Tripolis stopping at RS Zeygolation or why is this relevant? Anyway, that would be a nice because then it would be possible get directly from Zeygolation to Kalo Nero without going to Kalamata! :-D :mrgreen: [/quote]

1352....Kalamata to Kiparissia is leaving at 13.25 :wink:
1351....Kiparissia to Kalamata is leaving at 15.08
Secondly,there is no connection between Tripolis-Kalamata with buses for about 1,5years,we are waiting for the train
Άβαταρ μέλους
Outsider
Συνοδός
Συνοδός

10 Φεβ 2010, 15:27

[quote=""ALCoGMNάνι":i0umfzh6"]
Secondly,there is no connection between Tripolis-Kalamata with buses for about 1,5years,we are waiting for the train[/quote]
I'm a bit lost! Do you mean no connection between Tripolis-Kalamata with OSE buses?

Remember, you gave me the timetable of Tripolis-Kalamata buses in the chat! :wink:
Άβαταρ μέλους
ALCoGMNάνι
Σταθμάρχης
Σταθμάρχης

10 Φεβ 2010, 15:30

[quote=""Outsider":qgizwpt1"][quote=""ALCoGMNάνι":qgizwpt1"]
Secondly,there is no connection between Tripolis-Kalamata with buses for about 1,5years,we are waiting for the train[/quote]
Remember, you gave me the timetable of Tripolis-Kalamata buses in the chat! :wink: [/quote]
Of course i remember,but these are KTEL Messinias Buses not OSE...
Levente
Φύλακας Ι.Δ.
Φύλακας Ι.Δ.

14 Φεβ 2010, 16:42

[quote=""Outsider":384ntw6e"]
Levente, please, also note that there are no trains between Kiato - Patras (or is it now Kiato - Diakofto?), only replacement buses. :-( [/quote]

OK, there are buses now, but do you think that there will be no train transport in the summer? I just can't believe that there's no demand for trains is Peloponnese. I got somehow the Kiato-Patra-Kalamata timetable and I found only ONE direct train between Kiato and Kalamata, leaving Kiato at 07:37 and arriving to Kalamata at 13:21. Can you confirm that?

By the way, how far is Kalonero to Kyparissia? One trains per day is so incredible, maybe I will go by feet. :-?

And my last question: is there any railway line where the GANZ-MÁVAG trains are still in operation?

Thnak you!
Άβαταρ μέλους
Outsider
Συνοδός
Συνοδός

14 Φεβ 2010, 18:35

[quote=""Levente":2mq1fdhz"]
Levente, please, also note that there are no trains between Kiato - Patras (or is it now Kiato - Diakofto?), only replacement buses. :-(
OK, there are buses now, but do you think that there will be no train transport in the summer?[/quote]
No, there won't be, because they are building the standard gauge railway from Kiato towards Patras and the existing narrow gauge line has been cut in several places.

I just can't believe that there's no demand for trains is Peloponnese. I got somehow the Kiato-Patra-Kalamata timetable and I found only ONE direct train between Kiato and Kalamata, leaving Kiato at 07:37 and arriving to Kalamata at 13:21. Can you confirm that?[/quote]
Yes, that's true, only the IC20/IC23 pair of trains. When the Kiato-Patras line was closed last autumn, services South of Patras were also heavily reduced!

By the way, how far is Kalonero to Kyparissia? One trains per day is so incredible, maybe I will go by feet. :-? [/quote]
About 5 km. Btw, Kalo Nero is a very nice small village with a huge beach and a couple of hotels and tavernas :-D

And my last question: is there any railway line where the GANZ-MÁVAG trains are still in operation?[/quote]
No! But a number of unused GANZ-MÁVAG units along the network :mrgreen:
Απάντηση